Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Strippers, Gourmet Meals and Knife Skills

Thought that might get your attention.  There must be something for everyone in that title.  No major accomplishments today, unless finally finishing the dishes and sprinting for the bus count.  I did receive from very helpful information from several lovely ladies I have the good fortune of knowing related to the goals referenced in the title of this post.

First, the strippers.  Obviously, my original goal is to go to a strip club (#20), but one of my very helpful friends alerted me to an all-women for-women fundraising strip show happening in March.  I'm currently in the midst of an internal debate about whether that will meet my goal.  When I initially wrote the goal, I had in mind your traditional seedy strip joint (or at least my mental version thereof, never having actually stepped foot in one thus far). The fundraiser strip show would certainly provide me with the same (in the most basic way) form of entertainment but without some of the seedier (and let's face it, creepier) aspects of going to an actual strip joint.  In a way, I think that this presents just the first of a number of quandaries I will likely face in the pursuit of my 101 goals:  must the goal be enacted as originally conceived, written and intended, or am I willing to allow myself to start down the slippery slope of allowing a change here and a change there.  Food for thought, that is certain.

Speaking of food, we are also in the process of coordinating a trip to the Herbfarm (#2) with some dear friends of ours.  It's looking like we will probably go in early May for their A Menu for a Spring Forager theme.  A happy birthday bonus for my dearest LL (whose birthday is in the beginning of May).  Here's the description of the them, from the Herbfarm website:  "We go to the field, forest, and seashore in search of wild native plants to weave into a springtime menu."  Nine courses of utter deliciousness, I'm hoping (especially considering the chunk of change we will be dropping on this extravagant experience.

Last, but certainly not least, my dear friend Lisa was so kind as to email me with information about a knife skills class (#24) offered by PCC that is affordable, and we already have a membership there.  Unfortunately, it appears that every knife skills class that they offer through April is booked up solid.  So I guess it's either wait until the next class cycle or find another class. I'll keep you posted either way.

Since I don't have any goal-related pictures to share tonight, I'll leave you with a picture that my LL took over the New Year when we visited my family in Eastern Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment