Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pinochle and Pedicures

So much has happened since Friday night.  Well, maybe not that much.  Saturday was spent cleaning and shopping in preparation for a sleepover that night.  We got four different kinds of cheese, two kinds of crackers and a seeded baguette.  Also, inspired by my recent love affair with the Moscow Mule, I decided to try and make them.  Of course, rather than just use ginger ale and lime juice, I had to make my own ginger-lime syrup and used lime sparkling water and lime juice (and, of course, vodka).

Our friend Heather came over and brought a delicious sour cream lemon pie.  We then proceeded to drink some (maybe one too many) delicious Monica's Moscow Mules and teach Heather how to play pinochle (#54).  Sadly, we were reduced to playing 3-handed, but Heather picked up the game pretty quickly, and I think there's potential there.  Then we helped Heather on her own list of goals.  Because she is a bit more "rigid" about some things, she is doing 100 goals in 3 years.  Because she just couldn't handle all those odd numbers and arbitrary time limits.  But that's one of the reasons we love her.  We finally went to bed around 12:30 and slept in a bit. We then had brunch at Wild Wheat Bakery and Cafe in Kent  with an additional friend (who sadly couldn't make it to the sleepover portion of the party) the next morning.  If you're up for heading to Kent, I would strongly recommend having brunch there (or pastries, or cookies, or just bread).  They don't have a website, otherwise I would be linking to it.  Yelp had nothing but rave reviews, though.

Monday being a holiday, I had lunch and got a pedicure (#67) with my friend Christina.  It was nice to catch up and hold her beautiful baby.  And the pedicure is lovely, as evidenced below.  The picture does not do the brightness and cheeriness of the hot pink justice, but you get the idea.

It's been a rough week or so at work, but I'm getting through it.  It's actually been a great distraction to have this list of goals and the blog to keep me occupied.  There are changes coming for me at work, which I'll have to share another day.

Thanks for all of your positive feedback and support.  This has been such a fun and rewarding journey thus far.  I'm looking forward to sharing more of it with all of you.

1 comment:

  1. hooray for pretty toes :) Last week I brought Aowyn home with me for the afternoon and she picked out a different color of nail polish for every toe. It was very pretty.

    love you <3

    jen

    ReplyDelete