Monday, January 10, 2011

Progress on #4 and #34

I'll start with #34 (Try one new recipe each week) since I did it first.  Obviously this is just week 1 of 143, but this week I have already tried TWO new recipes.  The first was a Parmesan-Shrimp Pasta Bake from Betty Crocker One-Dish Family Favorites.  Pretty simple but tasty recipe made from ingredients that we had on hand - 20 minutes of active cooking, 40 minutes of baking, and Voila, Dinner! 

As a side, I made Roasted Nutmeg Cauliflower from The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger.  Again, simple, low-prep recipe.  If I make this again, I'll definitely cut the cooking time by 25% or so.  I would also probably increase the nutmeg significantly or substitute cumin in substantially greater volume.  Also, this meal was sorely lacking in the color variation that I prefer to see on my plate, but pickings are slim around these parts right now.
Now that you're all caught up on what's being served for dinner around here (My LL made orange-cumin black bean chili tonight, one of my favorites), here's the obligatory update on #4 (Exercise at least two times per week).  I went to the gym today, for the first time since before Thanksgiving.  Pathetic, I know, but I did not let the prospect of the gym being jam-packed with resolutioners or my recurrent headache volunteer themselves as excuses today.  I went, and did a solid 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I'm a little wary of over-doing it with the back issues of late and didn't want to kill myself my first day back after weeks of absence and holiday overindulgence.

So there you have it.  You can all go to bed thanking god that I didn't take a post-workout photo of myself to share with you.  I'll try to limit it to pictures of things you actually want to see.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. A great start! Keep your momentum rolling, lady, and know that you have a lot of imperfect humans striving in the boat right alongside you.

    ReplyDelete