Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Quick update

I realize it has been over a week since my last post.  The new job is kicking my ass and I have had little or no energy once the day is over to devote to anything besides sitting on the couch staring blankly, sometimes at the television.  I realized recently that this is the first time I've ever started a position where I was expected to be working at 100% on day one.  Let me tell you, folks, that's totally overwhelming.  There are plenty of understandable reasons why that is the case, but it's still kicking my ass.

I am, however, still exercising regularly.  In fact, the best hour of my week so far was the half hour I spent at the gym yesterday (I busted my ass during that half hour).  I'm looking forward to another good workout tomorrow after work.  Friday night is the symphony, which will be, in every imaginable way, the exact opposite of work.  Harmony, beauty, serenity, etc...  You get the picture.

Not a ton of updates on goals, I'm afraid.  Although we do have a firm reservation for dinner at the Herbfarm with two of our very good friends.  Let me tell you, that is a pricey expedition, pricier than I care to spend too much time thinking about.  I'm sure it will be amazing, though.  I'll tell you all about it after the fact (we're going on 5/6).  Still no fishing has happened.  I have a couple of potential fishing buddies, but have not hooked up with them yet.  I also bought my friend Jenny a plane ticket to come and visit me in May, which I am very, very excited about.  I'm looking forward to showing her around this part of the world that I have so fallen in love with in the years that I've lived here (almost 8 years now).

That's all for now, folks.  I need to go to bed.  I'm hopeful that in the next week or so I will be able to muster up the energy to write another post, maybe with a picture this time.  Hope you're all well out there.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow expecting you to be at 100% on day one seams completely unreasonable to me. Way to power through.

    I am quite eager to hear about the Herb Farm!

    ReplyDelete